Purchases made on or after 1 January 2022 shall be governed by the following conditions; however, if you purchased a product before 31 December 2021, the applicable commercial guarantee shall be governed by the terms here.
Freddy S.p.A. guarantees the Consumer, pursuant to and by effect of European Directives 1999/44/EC and 2019/771, and Italian Legislative Decree n. 206/2005 (Consumer Code), that all goods shall conform to the descriptions published on the website and are free from any defects existing at the time of delivery, for a period of 2 (two) years from the date the goods are delivered to the Consumer. In accordance with Article 133, Paragraph 3 of the Consumer Code, direct actions to enforce non-conformities and defects not concealed by the seller with fraud shall lapse, in any case, after 26 (twenty-six) months from the delivery of the goods.
The application of any and all commercial guarantees is excluded in cases of use, repair, washing, drying, ironing or manipulation/handling of the goods that do not comply with those of the goods itself and/or the relative instructions/warnings provided by Freddy S.p.A., that is, those listed in the illustrative documents of reference, tags or labels.
Pursuant to art. 135 of the Consumer Code, all defects that appear within one year from delivery of the goods are assumed to have already existed on that date (unless this hypothesis is incompatible with the nature of the goods or with the nature of the defect). Therefore, exclusively in these cases, the Consumer is excluded from the burden of proof of proper use of the goods. In any case, Freddy S.p.A. retains the right to provide evidence to the contrary.
The Consumer must report any defects and/or non-conformities sending an email to Freddy S.p.A. at [email protected], including a request containing the following information:
- Description of the defect and/or the faulty elements found
- The following documentation: at least 1 photograph of the product, the order confirmation sent by Freddy S.p.A. and/or the tax receipt
- Order number
- Order date
- Email address
- Product code
- Product name
Nevertheless, all other statements that unequivocally indicate that the defect has been reported remain valid. Once the statement and the relative documentation requested as a preliminary procedural matter have been received, Freddy S.p.A. will assess whether the defects and/or non-conformities reported by the Consumer via Freddy's Customer Service are ostensibly covered by the conformity guarantee or not, notifying the Consumer of its decision through the email address indicated in the statement sent via email, authorising or denying the return of the goods. A copy of the return authorisation must be included in the return package.
If Freddy S.p.A. denies the request, the reasons will be listed in the response email.
Authorisation to return the item(s) shall not, in any way, constitute a recognition of defect or non-conformity. The latter will be assessed only once the goods has been returned to the warehouse.
Goods that have been approved for return by Freddy S.p.A. must be sent by the Consumer via the courier indicated in the return authorisation with the shipping costs to be paid for by Freddy S.p.A., or via a different means to be paid for by the Consumer, which must in any case allow traceability of the shipment.
The package must contain the item(s) being returned, with the original packaging where possible, a copy of the return authorisation, and a copy of the email sent to inform of the defect and/or irregularity.
The Consumer must ship the goods within 14 (fourteen) days after reporting the defect and/or non-conformity and, in any case, only after having received the authorisation of Freddy S.p.A.
If no defect is found, the item will be returned within about 30 (thirty) days from the date of return delivery, with the shipping expenses to be paid by the Consumer.
If a defect is found, Freddy S.p.A. will propose one of the following solutions to the Consumer within 10 (ten) days from having received the goods (or, in any case, within a reasonable period, even if longer, in the case of complex investigations):
- repair, free of charge;
- replacement, free of charge;
- a price reduction;
- a full refund of the price paid, keeping the item at the warehouse
In accordance with Article 135b of the Consumer Code, the Consumer can choose between Freddy S.p.A. repairing or replacing the goods, without additional costs applied to either option, unless the request is objectively impossible or excessively burdensome compared to the other option pursuant to the criteria established in the aforementioned article 135b paragraph 2. The Consumer also retains the right to request a proportional price reduction, or to terminate the sales contract should one of the conditions of article 135b, paragraph 4, sections a), b) and c) of the Consumer Code apply. In any case, it is not possible to request termination of the contract for minor defects.
Should the Consumer choose the replacement of the goods or the partial reimbursement of the price paid, the shipment of the goods to the Consumer will be paid for and handed by Freddy S.p.A. in a subsequent reasonable amount of time (circa ten days).
Should the Consumer choose to repair the goods, subject to the intervention of the service department, Freddy S.p.A. will inform the Consumer of the outcome of the repair within the following 20 (twenty) days (or, in any case, within a reasonable period, even if longer, in the case of complex repairs and/or interventions). The return shipping to the Consumer, paid for by Freddy S.p.A., will occur within a reasonable period (circa ten days).
Should Freddy S.p.A. be required to refund, either totally or in part, the Consumer the amount paid, the refund shall be issued within approximately 14 (fourteen) days from the refund notification or the submission of the bank details, whichever is later. If necessary for the purposes specified below, the Consumer shall provide his/her bank details to Freddy S.p.A., at the e-mail address [email protected], so that the wire transfer can be made.
Refunds will be completed via the following methods:
A) PAYMENT VIA A SINGLE METHOD:
- Credit card, prepaid credit/debit card, Apple Pay or PayPal: refunds will be credited via the method you used for the payment, unless the order has been partially cancelled due to items being unavailable. In that case, for technical and administrative reasons, any refund that is owed for products included in the part of the order that was not cancelled will only be made via Store Credit, which can always be converted to cash.
- FREDDY360° credit: the value of the credit corresponding only to the items returned will be refunded to your Freddy360° credit total
- Coupon code: since, as indicated, the value of the discount is distributed across all the products ordered, to get a complete refund, you must return all the products included in the order. If you decide to return all the items in the order, a new equal-value coupon will be sent to you by Freddy's Customer Care Team. You can of course proceed with a partial return, but, in this case, you will be given Store Credit (which can be converted to cash as indicated above) equal to the price of the products returned minus the % discount applied to them. New coupons will not be issued for partial returns.
- Store credit: the credit will be issued in a measure equal to the value of the articles returned
B) PAYMENT VIA MULTIPLE METHODS:
- If the payment has been made using a combination of Freddy 360 credit/a coupon code/Store Credit along with a credit card/prepaid credit-debit card/PayPal/Apple Pay, the refund, first of all, will be completed by reactivating the Freddy 360 credit or the Store Credit, or by issuing a new coupon code, on a case-by-case basis. The difference, if any, will be reimbursed via Store Credit, which can always be converted to cash as indicated above.